Saturday, June 26, 2010

The space between my nose and my lip is very chapped... how to save?

I am in the middle of a bad cold and that area is very very chapped from nose-blowing. It is starting to get darker than my other skin and is very unsightly. Any tips for getting rid of this? Thanks!The space between my nose and my lip is very chapped... how to save?
well, i had this problem also. What worked for me incredibly was this





1) before going out side, apply chapstick to that dry part. i know it sounds weird, but it is better than vasaleine.


2)when you are at home, reapply lotion or moisturizer to the dry skin every hour. aveeno daily moisturizer works well for me, andd is a good bargain!





good luck!!The space between my nose and my lip is very chapped... how to save?
I always apply vitamin E oil to my nose throughout the day and especially at nighttime when it starts to get chapped from all the sneezing and noseblowing.
Poor baby,


the only thing that I can tolerate during a time like this is Vaseline because it's odorless and will keep your tender skin from chafing real bad.


Use around the nostrils too, helps to keep them from drying, cracking and bleeding. Don't forget the lips!
Try Aquaphor...it's better than Vaseline! It's working for my daughter.
Gentle skin cream can help, but if you keep having to wipe your nose then try using tissues that have moisturizing cream or medication in them. They feel strange at first, but fix this problem wonderfully.
I USE A PRODUCT CALLED: ';BAG BALM';. IT HAS ANTISEPTIC PROPERTIES ANS IS COLORLESS. I APPLY THIS JUST UNDER MY NOSE %26amp; ABOVE MY UPPER LIP VERY THOROUGHLY %26amp; IT HEALS THE CHAPPED ,RAW SKIN VERY WELL. IT'S ALSO GOOD FOR PREVENTING THIS PROBLEM!





BAG BALM---DAIRY ASSOCIATION CO. INC.,LYNDONVILLE,VT


05851





IT'S ALSO GREAT FOR CHAPPED LIPS %26amp; FOR INNER DRY NOSE !!! I HOPE I'VE BEEN OF SOME HELP.
Don't worry to much as it will be over as soon as your cold is over... Just use some Vaseline on the area and you will be fine. Get better soon %26amp; good luck.
i have the same problem. I was told to try vaseline...and it seems to be working wonders.
DO NOT use Vasoline.. this will cause it to itch and have a glossy look . almost like a dab of mucus just sitting there.


DO NOT use Carmex.. it is addicting





i have the same problem in the wintertime, due to ecsema (a dry skin disorder)





I use Hydrocortizone the creme you can get it at Walmart,Target, KMart, Meijer,Walgreens and many other stores like that, you can find it in the aisle with antibacterial cremes
Vaseline. Put plugs in your nose and stop wiping that area. Watch your diet, eat mainly green leafy vegetables, drink lots of water when your stomach doesn't have food in it, and get all of your proper rest, with nice sitting breaks if ever you start to cough.
Use a lotion with Vitamin E and aloe in it
Aquaphor! You can buy it in a mini version, and it works for dry skin or chapping of any sort (so you can keep it and use it for your lips). It is made by the same company as Eucerin, and it is truly amazing stuff.
lotion probablu unscented would be better if it's sore like that!
When you go to bed at night, put a dab of neosporin on the area. Neosporin has antibiotics to heal the skin and has a base of petroleum jelly to soften the skin and make it less chapped. Do this everynight for about a week and you should notice a difference. If you can't find neosporin buy a product called triple antibiotic ointment it is the same thing, is usually generic and sold at virtually all drugstores and discount stores, and costs a whole bunch than the brand name neosporin. I have bad eczema in the winter on my upper arms, a doctor told me about the neosporin thing a year ago, I did it and it works very well. Good Luck!
you can get Vitamin E in the form of a chap stick at GNC stores. Also, Burts Bees works well.
My friend has a toddler who licks her lips a lot and gets raw patches around her mouth. She used a Mary Kay moisturiser and it cleared up overnight. It's basically the same chapping you would have with a runny nose, so it should work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles