Sunday, December 13, 2009

What can I do about my really chapped lip?

on my lower lip I have a cut/chap that is hurting me when I open my mouth. when I eat it tears open more. I think its because I bit my lip a lot once. How do I fix it.What can I do about my really chapped lip?
this is weird but it will work:


fill up a glass with hot water (not to burn, but hot).


add salt to the water (about a teaspoon) and mix for a few seconds.


then, soak your lip in the water.


I know, this will hurt. Salt kills bacteria immediatly and it will heal your lip in just a day or so.


I also recommend putting on lip ointment (not chapstick) a few times a day and avoid lipgloss and all that stuff.What can I do about my really chapped lip?
first %26amp; foremost DO NOT LICK (makes it worse) them to keep them moist, but moisture is the answer. I like blistex but you can use anything even use it over lipstick (if you use lipstick), use it often especially when you feel the urge to lick.
Use Antibiotic ointment to cover open wounds on your lips.This reduces infection risk and promotes faster healing.
I'm not sure if your female or male but stop wearing your current brand of lipstick...if thats not the case the MD said to use crisco yes in the baking isle so it will lock in moisture and also they said hydrocortisone ointment not the cream its over the counter and the store brand worked wonders for me good luck
Keep is covered with some kind of chap stick. I have a bad problem with this myself. If you laugh or smile too big its the worst. The best product that I have found is Mary Kay's Lip balm. It has no flavor or fragrance and it works really well. If you don't know any MK people just try plain old Vaseline. Use it all day, but be sure you use a good coat before you go to bed. You will not be moving your mouth so it will have time to heal and not re-split from laughing or talking. Hope this help and good luck to you.
You gotta keep it really moist until it finishes healing, which will be in a few days. I have this problem alot, especially if i wear lip stick. Lots of chap stick not lip gloss or lip stick. This only dries your lips out more. Other than keeping them moist there is nothing else you can do. Just remember to be careful when eating and such. Hope it gets better soon! Good luck and good health to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles