Friday, December 11, 2009

Why does chapstick make my lips chap?

My lips chap easily. When they get dry they get tight and crack. When they crack they bleed. However, whenever I use chapstick (especially medicated chapstick) They start peeling like crazy.





Is this part of the process to shed dead tissue or is it making the situation worse?Why does chapstick make my lips chap?
Chapstick isn't addictive, but putting any moisturizer on lips tends to be habit-forming.


The dryness is rarely part of some ';disease.'; Instead, a person starts licking their lips for no particular reason, then moisturizes, and then the cycle continues indefinitely, as saliva dries out the lips along with the act of thinking about it, and so on.





Hope this helps!!





Holly R.N.Why does chapstick make my lips chap?
no i think thats a good thing. that happens to me sometimes. but im probably wrong =P
i think its part of the cycle of selling chapstick. i don't use any petroleum based products on myself anymore -- find alternatives.
Your lips are chapping with the medicated because you don't need the medicine that's in that chap stick. Try using just...the chap stick moisturizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles